[etoys-dev] etoys-dev Digest, Vol 87, Issue 1

Charles Schultz sacrophyte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:08:47 EST 2013

Pato,

That looks like a viable hack. :) It is my understanding that RPi can boot
into a special, slimmed-down VM version just for Scratch. Is that not the
case? For instance, when in Scratch, I cannot simply exit Scratch and go
back to the desktop - quitting scratch issues a shutdown. Can I do the same
for eToys? Part of it is that I do not fully understand how "boot to
Scratch" works, so I would like to learn that if I can.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Pato Acevedo <patitoacevedo at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Charles:
>

> > First, let me say how I impressed with the various developement teams
> > involved (RPi, Squeak, eToys, Scratch). You all are doing amazing work!
> >
> > I have been googling and am attempting to learn how to boot the Raspberry
> > Pi directly into eToys just like the option for booting directly into
> > Scratch. Surely there is a relatively easy way to do this, but since
> eToys
> > is not yet deployed on the stock Raspbian image, it does not yet look
> like
> > it has the official support on the RPi install team. I am very thankful
> > that installing eToys is as easy as "apt-get install etoys" - that is so
> > totally awesome! Now, how to boot directly into eToys?
>
> May be this link help:
>
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7192
>
> Patricio
>

> > As an aside, any idea why eToys is filed under "non-free" extensions for
> > RPi?
> >
> > --
> > Charles Schultz
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/attachments/20131117/78345c23/attachment-0001.html

> > End of etoys-dev Digest, Vol 87, Issue 1

Charles Schultz