Getting to 1.0 as soon as possible

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 22:55:31 CET 2006

Chris Muller writes:
 > That's good news Bryce!  A blazing Squeak, if stable,
 > would be truly compelling.

Thanks

 > Are you planning support for all three major
 > platforms?  I take it there is no (Slangy) way to make
 > Exupery platform-independent?

Do you mean the three main x86 platforms? An operating system port
should be easy. There's only a few things that are likely to be
different. The most likely difference is the call to allocate
executable memory. There's a small chance that the C calling
conventions are different. The biggest problem may be building a
regular VM to port into.

I'm hoping that other people will step forward to do the ports. I'd
like there to be ports, but it's really up to you. For Exupery to be
fully accepted by the community, other people will need to be able to
maintain it.

Bryce