trying to build VM for Win32

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 18 17:19:22 UTC 2006

Hi Bryce,
Thanks for the offer. I've made some good progress, so maybe a sprint won't be
needed...

I've made further attempts at building with 3.8, and I think I now have a VM
that works.

Running ExuperyStoryTests, gives...
    288 run, 284 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 4 errors, 0 unexpected
passes
    all errors are due to missing classes

Evaluating - ExuperyBenchmarks new run - gives these numbers...
    arithmaticLoopBenchmark 2459 compiled 270 ratio: 9.107
    bytecodeBenchmark 4317 compiled 1237 ratio: 3.490
    sendBenchmark 3576 compiled 1782 ratio: 2.007
    doLoopsBenchmark 2231 compiled 1711 ratio: 1.304
    largeExplorers 2299 compiled 2358 ratio: 0.975
    compilerBenchmark 1956 compiled 2103 ratio: 0.930
    Cumulative Time 13066.194 compiled 5503.701 ratio 2.374

Is it safe to assume that everything is working o.k.?
Are there any other tests that need running? (I ran ExuperyTests, in the
TestRunner but it didn't do anything)

Cheers,
Andy

news:17677.50339.742500.464410 at gargle.gargle.HOWL...