New implementation of squeak

Guillermo Adrián Molina guille at losmolina.com.ar
Sat Mar 3 00:45:02 UTC 2007

Hi to all, I am a Smalltak VM enthusiast. I found this list an interesting
reading. But I was wandering a few things. If you could rewrite the
Squeak's object memory from scratch, in order to simplify and accelerate
exupery, what would you do?
-The first thing that come to my mind is SmallInts, Squeaks uses 1
tagged integers, but what would make your life easier?
-What about floats?, would you tag them instead of boxing them?
-Arrays,#at: and #at:put:, How would you implement arrays, in order to
speed up #at: and #at:put:
-bools?
-The garbage collector, what solution is best suited for exupery?
-sends and blocks?, what about them?

Anything else?

Thank you very much for your efforts of making exupery.