( picoVerse-:( How do I get Exupery? ) )

Kjell Godo squeaklist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:45:46 UTC 2008

I tried
http://mfrouter.dyndns.org/Exupery_VM.7z
but nothing happened.

I am making an assembler in Dolphin Smalltalk.  It is trying to do all
the addressing modes.  It is part of the picoLARC project on
SourceForge.net but the assembler stuff is not uploaded yet.  It uses
a Lispy syntax that looks like
( add ( into:From: EAX ( at ( + EBP 4 ) ) ) )
or
( add ( into:From: EAX ( at ( scale:index:base: 4 EBX EBP ) ) ) )
or
( push ( at EBP ) )

Doing it this way seems to minimize the compiling complexity.
Plus it can participate in the picoLARC OOP macro system.
Your Exupery way is more like regular assembler.  It's brief and
that's nice.  But you also do long function names for machine
language instructions which is good.

All the addressing modes are mostly finished coding but untested.

I would like to use Exupery to test against my picoLARC assembler.
If possible.