[Io] Licensing of HC HTTPClient

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Apr 11 18:19:58 UTC 2006

I thought of another issue regarding our choice of a replacement
HTTPClient: licensing.

I'm not sure of the exact situation but I'm assuming for now that the
package needs to be avilable under the SqueakL for inclusion into the
basic image.  It looks like we are probably OK for Steve Waring's client
which is supposedly dual licensed MIT and SqueakL.  However the
SqueakMap entry for HC HTTPClient simply says 'Other license'.  I have
not been able to find any further information regarding the licensing of
this package.  As you may have seen seperately I've sent email to the
list trying to reach Colin so we can communicate with him regarding this
package.  I have no idea if we will reach him.

Ken