[Io] Picking up where we left it

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Mar 15 22:20:23 UTC 2006

OK, so do I understand correctly that what we are then at least
attempting to do is all cooperate in growing a single 'version' of the
image (a specific public version + the team's shared monticello update)?
This is in contrast to use each producing a 'diff' from the published
image, and someone else (possibly the team leader) merging these into a
single monticello package which is then sent to the release team.

If I'm understanding this correctly, what happens then when a new public
3.9x version is released?  At that point we need to know whether or not
what we had been producing has been submitted to the release team and
incorporated into the released 3.9x version.

You may feel I'm picking at nits here.  But I know we had problems with
this when we started the Network team.  I'm not saying we can come up
with an absolute answer right now.  But I am saying this needs to be
given some thought and maybe when we get started we need to be in fairly
close communication and someone needs to be monitoring the resulting
product to see if it's going to work.

Ken