[Io] A few comments

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Mar 16 08:20:43 UTC 2006

Hi!

A few comments:

1. I said earlier (IIRC) that the Simple Thing is to always use the
latest published image from the release team as the baseline, in other
words - don't try to update it further (except for possibly loading any
latest MCs we have ourselves in our Network repo (or do we have an IO
repo now? :) ) that has been *merged together* - but AFAIK we don't have
any such bundle yet). What this means is that we all push separate fixes
based on the latest *image* into our Team repo and then a single
individual (Cees?) merges those together into a single bundle and that
is typically also what we then push up to the release team inbox with a
corresponding email. Any such bundle also typically includes other MCs
outside of our domain with fixes - and the MC version note *clearly*
explains what those are. So a "bundle" is actually a group of MCs where
the version note of "our" MC naming the others (or else the release team
will not understand what is included in the bundle).

2. If you are talking about bringing in an external Http package - then
please make sure that the authors/maintainers of that package are
interested in that too. That is pretty important.

3. The very first thing we should do *before* moving forward with
*anything* is actually to merge together what we already have in the
network repo, possibly clean it up, look it over and push that to the
release team. I intended to do that the other night but got lost in
other things. Please, please - do this someone and beat me to it. ;)

regards, Göran