[Io] A few comments

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Mar 16 21:26:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 10:20 +0200, goran at krampe.se wrote:
> 3. The very first thing we should do *before* moving forward with
> *anything* is actually to merge together what we already have in the
> network repo, possibly clean it up, look it over and push that to the
> release team. I intended to do that the other night but got lost in
> other things. Please, please - do this someone and beat me to it. ;)
>
> regards, Gran

I started on this but quickly got mired in a plethora of changes.  I
started with a newly download 3.9a-7010.  I decided it made sense to
look at the versions in the Network project on
source.squeakfoundation.org from old to new, so I started with
System-gk.45.mcz.

Before loading it I decide to examine the changes to see if it makes
sense to simply load it.  It quickly becomes obvious that it doesn't as
compared to 7010 it involves _872_ changes.  I've looked and looked but
I'm at a loss as to how I'm supposed to pick out the desired changes
from those that are simply a result of 5 months of changes in the image.

Ken