[Io] A few comments

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Mar 16 22:27:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 22:34 +0100, Cees De Groot wrote:
> On 3/16/06, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> > System-gk.45.mcz.
>
> I don't know what that's doing there. The Team's work should only
> concern the Network and Files packages...

Because classes interact.  The procedure is that if a method in another
category is affected by a change to a class within a categery for which
you are responsible, then go ahead and make the change (since you should
know best how to make it) then forward the changes to the appropriate
team for there verification.  There is no System Stewards team right
now.  So what we do is send it on to the Release team to verify and
incorporate.  In either case, we are going to inevitably be handling
changes to classes outside of our categories, we simply shouldn't be
pushing them through all the way ourselves.

Ken