If you read any part of this thread READ THIS (was Re: [Io] A few comments)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 17 18:08:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 09:24 +0100, Cees De Groot wrote:
> On 3/17/06, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> > [...] That should show you the intended changes which
> > should be a small list and you can install these individually.
> >
> Forgive me if I ask a dumb question (it is early and the morning
> coffee hasn't suck in yet), but isn't the procedure you describe
> exactly what the merge button does?

Not a dumb question at all (and we all know what you usually say about
'dumb questions' :) ) as I'm also struggling to come to understand.

And now I feel dumb. :)

It does indeed do that.  I thought I saw something different before.
And I'm not at all sure I'm not somehow making a mistake now, but
hitting Merge for System-gk.45 does indeed show me only 2 changes.

Short version: Ignore this section of this thread and just use the Merge
button.  Sorry for the confusion.

Ken