Incorrect Monticello dependencies for Magma tester-cmm-184

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Fri Aug 26 13:42:22 UTC 2005

Hi Chris,

We are trying to integrate Monticello and our Subversion build process.

When we do a 'svn update', we also run a wee script which copies the
appropriate Monticellos from our server. This allows us to work offline.

Our script downloads the latest version of each Monticello. The highest
value for Magma tester is cmm-184.

Regrettably, the dependancy chain of Magma tester-cmm.184 requires
BOTH	"Ma client server-cmm.94.mcz" and "Ma client server-cmm.96.mcz". This
is clearly not possible as only one version of "Ma! client server" can be
installed in the image at a time.

Similarly there are dependancy problems with:

	Ma client server-cmm.94.mcz
	Ma object serialization-cmm.110.mcz
	Ma special collections-cmm.43.mcz

Would it be possible to correct this in your next release ?

PS. Should you wish to confirm there are no dependany problems, I do this:

1. Delete the contents of package-cache
2. Open a clean image
3. Load "Magma tester" from your master repository.
4. Quit without Saving.
5. The Monticellos your installed will be in package-cache
6. Check for a) duplicates b) older-than-the-latest versions

Regards

Brent
--
Brent Pinkney