Weighted indexing

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:28:38 UTC 2005

On 12/8/05, Chris Muller <afunkyobject at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, an index per weight is how I have designed so far but adding a field
> #weight to MaHashIndexRecord so each entry in the index can have two Integers,
> one oid and one weight, as you said, would not be hard.  Is this something that
> would facilitate powerful indexing algorithms?

Beats me :-). I'm hardly an expert in this area.

I have toyed with MySQL's FTX in MySQL 4.0 - we loaded the Chamber of
Commerce data for the Benelux together with web and email info in it,
and people could update their entries to add description, keywords.
The weighting done by MySQL was surprisingly useful - maybe it's
described somewhere.