Starting a Magma/Seaside pilot project

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Dec 22 11:53:02 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

Cees De Groot <cdegroot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/22/05, Brent Pinkney <brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za> wrote:
> > It would be appreciated it you could suggest a light-weight mechanism you would like to use for this.
>
> The lightest-weight mechanism I know of is MonticelloConfigurations.
> But I'm not sure whether kilana.unibe.ch has already been updated to
> accept .mcm files.
>
> .mcm files are simply a listing of repositories and .mcz names that
> comprise a overall configuration. Once you get the concept, they're
> very easy to work with (check my introduction recently on squeak-dev
> for details).

Right, I agree. But it would also be nice if SM could hold the latest
stable release too, you can show that using:

1. Categories. There is the "stable", "alpha", "beta" etc.
2. "published" - the checkbox on a release to show that it can be
"trusted" to not go away.

Hmmmm, I notice the "Magma server" and "Magma client" SM packages seem
odd - the release in there seems to have a faulty Seasidish URL in it
instead of a proper ref to a specific .mcz.

And by the way - I should add support for .mcm files in SM.

regards, Göran