Version tracking (was: Starting a Magma/Seaside pilot project)

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu Dec 22 22:18:57 UTC 2005

> Talk about Magma features...
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the client-server
> version, the code
> for all objects needs to be present in the server -
> at least that is
> my experience.

No, the server does not require any of your domain
classes stored in the repository to be present in the
server image.

However, if you have defined a custom index type, it
*does* require that in the server image.

> Maybe something that removes that requirement or
> lessens its impact
> (code transport between client and server)?

There is a mechanism for clients to obtain the
necessary code directly from the server.  Perhaps you
have already seen this:

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5603

and

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5602