Magma sessions

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu Dec 22 22:45:05 UTC 2005

> > Now - the system in question will possibly involve
> around 100 concurrent
> > users. And most of them will be readers. So.... :)
> any ideas on
> > "smarter" solutions to that issue?
>
> We were also concerned about this - we got to +/-50
> users using one Magma session per Seaside session
> without problems.

I would just like to inform everyone who may not know,
for maximum performance in 3.8, be sure to install
this fix:

  http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=1382

This fix improves peak commit rate by 33%.  It may
improve other operations as well.

This used to be included in the one-click load but I
was advised to remove it.  But now it bugs me that
people will download Magma and not know about this to
enjoy its full performance potential..