Starting a Magma/Seaside pilot project

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 07:33:13 UTC 2005

> > couple of things that  are still experimental, but when having
> > problems these are the version that are fixed the quickest as well. I
> > know that Avi (DabbleDB) and myself (Magritte, Pier, and a few
> > applications at netstyle.ch) are using the latest 2.6 versions without
> > problems in productive applications.
> >
> > Lukas
>
> Sounds good. Any other Seaside "addons" I should pick up from the
> beginning? Scriptaculous? Shore components might be useful I guess.

Yeah, Scriptaculous is the way to go for AJAX applications, however
this requires that you are using the new canvas framework for
rendering. Shore components are useful if you want to use a ready-made
design and some more sophisticated standard components.

Mewa or Magritte might be interesting for you too, if you plan to do a
lot with forms and dialogs. Both frameworks help to build and validate
forms automatically. Since Magritte is described with its own
meta-framework, it is even possible to let the users customize and
build their own forms from the web.

Cheers,
Lukas

--