Magma, Lava, Seaside

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Wed Aug 9 00:22:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

This is just to let all know that
	a) Chris's ;atest Magma release announced on the list seems to be fine.
	This includes the new #where: query API. Very nice

	b) I have released a new Lava which uses this API. Once the dust has
	settled I will modify the optimiser to exploit the new query API.

	c) I have released a new 'Magma seaside' package which works with
	the new query API and Seaside's canvas API.

For those who need it now:
	1. Start with Squeak 3.8.1 (6744)
	2. Install Seaside2.6b (lr-68 or higher)
	3. Install MagmaServerLoader and load Chris's latest monticellos
	4. Install Magma seaside
	5. Install the latest seasideSushiStoreWithwMagma.cs.gz from
	    http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5817

If you get this far a workspace should open (WAStore workspace). Just follow
the instructions.

I appreciate that this may seem confusing - it is just that we have been working
on a major enhancement to Magma (complex indexed queries) at the same time
Seaside moved to the canvas API.

Step 3 above is the tricky one if you do not follow Chris's instructions accurately -
I am sure Chris will release a MagmaServerLoader monticello to simplify step 3
shortly.

Magma is a great compliment to Seaside - please feel free to email me if you need
help.

Brent