refreshing an object

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Tue Aug 15 18:14:12 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

I wonder if you could shed some light on how to refresh an object which has already been materialised into an image.

Concider a web application where a user has selected an object from a list and then opened another page with
this object.

Whilst the user is viewing the details of the object, another image has modified one  or more objects reachable from
this object (e.g instance varaibles or objects reachable from instnce variables).

If the user now refreshed the web page, how do I releably and quite cheaply ensure that the newest values are
displayed to the user ?

Thanks

Brent