Next steps

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Sun Feb 12 18:38:56 UTC 2006

> Ok, well, I can probably do that - I just need to be sure that I feel I
> have "ways out" if it turns bad. Call it "precautionary investigations".
> Since I am putting myself (and Magma/Seaside/Squeak) on the line here I
> don't want to fail.

Hi, I am finally back from my holiday.

We used Magma + Seaside to demonstrate a configuration management application
for 'the biggest mobile operator in the world'.

We simulated a lot of users >50 doing pretty complex things to graphs of tens
of thousands of objects. The MagmaCollections meant that only a small subset
was materialised at any one time.

We used 1:1 Seaside -> MagmaSession.

The slowest thing was allocating a new MagmaSession as it has to check the
image for compatibility. I have some code somewhere which pre-allocates a
session - too trivial to sumit.

As for Apache round robins, we had 5 computers reading from a single Magma
server on a separate machine (not Seaside) We never managed to saturate the
server.

Let me know if you need help. I have primised Chris I will finish Lava this
year !

Brent