Next steps

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Jan 10 12:18:31 UTC 2006

Hi Chris and all!

I am using Magma now - though I haven't stressed it yet at all, still
busy building my domain model. But it seems to "just work" for the
moment - which is really nice.

I noticed:
	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5832

...and accidentally that is exactly what I need. :) Now, it doesn't
necessarily fit me - so I am using a prevaylerish approach with
"command" objects that I also save to Magma so that I can reconstruct
the model by applying the commands in sequence. This should give me a
suitable mechanism to keep Magma database copies (offline clients) in
synch with the master and also reasonable hooks to figure out "logical"
conflicts.

But I was just curious if you could share your current "thoughts" on the
subject.

Also, the security stuff in 1.1 is interesting - we might want to use
repository file encryption (or just rely on OS level mechanisms for that
- encrypted filesystems).

Was there any other relevant changes with 1.1?

regards, Göran