Next steps

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:47:28 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, goran at krampe.se <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
> Ok. One huge benefit with using 1-1 instead of Cees' ConnectionPool is
> that my Seaside components can hold onto the persistent objects.
> Otherwise they can't, because the next request will end up using a
> different session.

Be glad there's Magma - in OmniBase, you can't even transport your
objects from transaction to transaction...

> Are we talking cold cache including actual file access? And how does the
> size of the files on disk affect that?

Hey, run your own benchmarks. They're just as invalid as anyone else's... :-)

One premature optimization you could do is to build a sort of internal
service to access base data (hmm... only know the german/dutch word
here - 'stammdaten') instead of talk to Magma directly. As long as
performance is not an issue, do nothing. As soon as performance
becomes an issue, change that interface to use a single separate Magma
session (and maybe even a separate Magma image, whatever).

That's probably all the premature optimization I would do at this moment.

How many users will use this app, anyway?