Old version(s) of Magma

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Tue Nov 14 02:58:17 UTC 2006

Hi Aaron, copying Magma list.  I do indeed have some old versions of Magma around.  I have attached two versions,

        Magma 1.0 gamma7 (dated 4/2004)
and    Magma 1.0 gamma7.2 (dated 10/2004)

But before you spend any time on these, let's please talk about this.  I take it you are really are interested in <=3.6 *compatibility*, not an old version of Magma, right?  I ask this because I expect the current version of Magma runs on 3.7, and I actually haven't put in much effort for 3.6.  The current version of Magma has come a long way since those circa Squeak-3.6 versions and is the best version in terms of quality, performance, features and stability.  So if the current version can work on <=3.6 then you definitely want that right?

In reality, it probably won't work on 3.6 out of the box, but given the choice of putting energy into 1) making current Magma compatible with older Squeak, or 2) dealing with old bugs / older file format / fewer features and less stability, I think you'd be happer with option 1.  I'll add, I'd be much more interested in helping out with option 1 vs. 2.

Regards,
  Chris