Query with several indexes

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Tue Feb 20 11:23:41 UTC 2007

Chris Muller a écrit :
> Hi Hilaire, Magma's querying is about as robust as an RDBMS without sacrificing the transparency of an ODBMS.

Ok, so I created a new magma collection populated with Link instances.
The new MagmaCollection was commited in the DB without problem.

Then I updated the Link class to add the necessary accessor-index, I
added a couple of indexes over this collection:

IFIDbSession
	commit: [IFIModels links
		addIndex: (MaCompetencyIndex attribute: #parent);
		addIndex: (MaCompetencyIndex attribute: #owner);
		addIndex: (MaCompetencyIndex attribute: #necessary);
		addIndex: (MaFloatIndex attribute: #threshold);
		addIndex: (MaFloatIndex attribute: #transfer)]

Then I got the error on the sever side:

MessageNotUnderstood: MaMalformedRequestError>>repositoryController:

Looking the debugger, the messageText variable is 'class-definition not
found'

Is it related to my modification of the Link class?

The Magma server also appears to be crashed as closing and reopening the
client session does not give access to the server anymore
(MaNetworkError signal: 'response not received from'...).
Also gently shutting down the server does not work as it is 'waiting for
pending requests to precess..' which seems to never happen. I have to
close squeak and restart it, hopefully the server seem to recover at
startup.

Hilaire