MagmaCompressor reports not assigned id, but so far ok!
hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Tue Feb 20 15:41:44 UTC 2007
While learning and using at the same time the DB, I create and remove
several times branches in the DB. The DB seems to grow to crazy size.
It looks like running MagmaCompressor over it will be a good idea to
garbage collect it.
On the Magma server, I shutdown the DB and in a Workspace try the following:
c := MagmaCompressor source: '/home/hilaire/Magma'
c compressTo: '/tmp/Magma'.
I got the following error:
MaSoftwareError: MagmaSet has not id assigned
I click on the Proceed button, a couple of other messages like this one
show up, I proceed on all of them.
The compressing process seems to complete ok. The size goes down from
~140MB to ~300kB. I replace the old one by the compressed one, so far
all the data seems to be there.
More information about the Magma