Query with several indexes

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Wed Feb 21 18:09:55 UTC 2007

Chris Muller a écrit :

> You absolutely can add indexes to "old" MagmaCollections, well after
> they have many thousands of elements.  That is not a problem.  However,
> the code for the index type (MaCompetencyIndex) must be present on the
> server before you start the server.
>
> You said you tried that, but then got an error, 'attempt to index
> non-existent element in an ordered collection'.  Are you sure, after
> reconnected the client?  If so, send me the stack trace for this error
> and maybe it will reveal..

I think so. Nevertheless, I retry several times, restarting the magma
server, removing the new added branch and adding the collection again,
then adding the indexes and it appears to work. But for some time, the
indexes seems to not show up in the Magma database folder. I am afraid
my information is not very reliable for you because no error show up in
this situation, and it is very possible I mix up the thinks. Any way I
will have the opportunity to ad index again later. Not sure it is useful
but the Magma server and client are two different nodes in the internet,
both connected to the Internet with ADSL connection.

Thanks

Hilaire