Again Magma and 3.9

Martin Beck martin.beck at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 15 08:55:11 UTC 2007

Chris Muller schrieb:
> What is a TSTree?  Perhaps it would be simpler to just use the TSTree
> directly with Magma to get it working and then worry about the wrapper
> or upgrading the code to MagmaCollections later..?
A TSTree is a tree structure for GOODS, which allows a bag of objects to be
loaded from the database one at a time. They can be accessed via a string.
However, as we only want to have a collection of objects index with a
string (possibly having no problems with concurrency), we chose the
MagmaCollection.

> You could also runLocalBaseline: as it would not be appreciably slower
> with regard to adding to MagmaCollections than the runRemoteBaseline.
Yes, this one works. Our insert seems to be that slow, because we use a
string index (MaSearchStringIndex). It took 15 Minutes for our 14,000
objects. We already sent the message tally for the first 1000 ones.

But now we got another problem:
When committing changes to the server, there are some cases in which we
always get the following error message: "MagmaUserError: Invalid
reference, an object may not change during serialization". Some hints to
this error message would be appreciated...

Regards,
Martin