MaClassDefinition in question

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 02:53:58 UTC 2007

Hi Hilaire, sorry for the delayed response; I have just returned from a holiday.

Instances of MaClassDefinition are kept for each version of each class
that was ever committed to the repository.

When a ReadStrategy is specified, it should work fine for the old and
new versions of the classes.  See
MaReadStrategy>>#convertSpecificationsToIdsUsing: to see that it does
indeed create depth-specifications for every known version of the
class.  The variable that does not exist in the old version will
simply

There is no need to "remove" the instance of your domain as it evolves
with your class model; the new variables will have nil just like
Smalltalk until you populate them and commit.

Can you try again to explain the exact problem you are having?
Perhaps a script that reproduces it would improve our mutual clarity?

Regards,
  Chris