Object identity

Florian Minjat florian.minjat at emn.fr
Sun Jun 10 22:14:14 UTC 2007

Hi,
   I am trying to transfer a big object hierarchy to Magma : 110100
objects in 9004144 bytes.
   The basic structure is composed of ~70 Players with a lot of stuff
inside. Each players can have some Letters which references other
Players as sender or recipients.
   The problem is that I can't submit one player to an empty Magma
repository without letting Magma insert all the references Players.
And the resulting transaction is too big, causing an error. So I
separated all the Letters from the Players, inserted the players
(~50min) and then tried to insert the Letters. But I close the
connection to the magma repository between the two, so Magma tried
again to load all the references Players.
   So here is my question : how does Magma identify a given object as
already inside a repository ? Does it compare the hash of the objects
and I just need to redefine the hash method of Players ?
   Each try is quite long so I would like to understand a little more
of the inner mechanisms of Magma instead of trying numerous times.

Florian