Exemple of Magma use

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Tue Mar 13 11:26:19 UTC 2007

Hum, I have been occupying this channel quite a bit recently. So I
though it  may be fair I share a bit what can be done with Magma+Squeak.
It is about a networked education oriented application, hooked to the
Internet. Learners' learning are modeled through notions network. A
standard Morphic application is used to design this network,  this is
picture (IFICompetencyDrawable). Magma database is used in back end to
save all the model of the network.
Learner activities (see one example with IFIPedagoBooklet) are going
through Morphic application, then each learner act is saved in a Magma
Database. Given the oriented object nature of Magma, you can image what
kind of data act can be easily stored in the DB.
With a rough estimation, I expect, in real situation, the database to
grow to several hundred of MB, if not GB

Thanks Chris to make Magma.

Now I will look at the design of the teacher console with Magma+Seaside
part, expect even more question ;-)

Hilaire