Slow performance

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Thu Nov 8 18:54:37 UTC 2007

> I already need it badly.

Sure is just a comment Todd. I just refer to the discern at the time when
you have a trade of of being creative and being conservative. Creative is
risk conservaive is proven. I'm agresively creative when I have the risk
reasonably managed and furiously conservative when I need a solid base so it
does not inject me risk when I don't want it. So in short I was refering to
reinventing a dictionary as risky.

> Even if the root collection isn't a MagmaSet - the first
> collection I want to add is.

Then you put it under any meaning key like:

	session begin.
	session root
		at: #system put: MySystemModel new;
		at: #securities put: (MagmaSet  equivalenceAttributes:
(Array with: #key));
		yourself.
	session commit

> So why doesn't that work?
>
> Also, I've found that changing the root doesn't work.  The
> change doesn't save.  So I had to throw away the db and start over.

It should work when used like that. Seriously, why use in the root object
somethig that is less flexible to design changes than a Dictionary kind of
object? Why one will ever need to do that?

Also make sure to make changes in the recently readed object in a beggined
transaction to then make changes to it and then commit.

	cheers,

Sebastian