Magma used in production apps?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Feb 29 06:44:21 UTC 2008

Hi!

> Oh yes, you're talking about that Command framework you have.

Right. Though they do not offer "undo", that is not their purpose in
Gjallar.

> I am
very interested in taking a look at that.  Is it separable from
Gjaller for use in other apps?

Well, I guess you could possibly "extract" some patterns and some code -
but it has several specific things:

- The Q2Txn hierarchy is domain specific. This is by design, we want to
be able to do conflict detection and "special things" depending on the
type of txn.
- We have a disconnect/connect procedure in order to make the Q2Txn
objects serializable and transferable from one Gjallar to another. This
is for the offline/synch operation. We disconnect the txns, serialize
them using SmartRefStream IIRC, gzip it and send it off using a SOAP
call with a ByteArray argument.
- Plus probably numerous other small details.

But sure, it might be useful depending on context. :) Feel free to ask
more. Or suck down Gjallar and take a looki. :)

regards, Göran