Automatic index maintenance

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sun Mar 2 16:59:09 UTC 2008

Hi there,

	I'm experimenting with a proxy I used for a "kind of MagmaCollections"
supported by Omnibase I've made to make able Magma to maintain indexes of its
MagmaCollections in a transparent fashion. This is the same as freeing the
developers (that’s us) of having to send #noteOldKeys: in their code and its
consequences! :)

	Right now I'm in a proof of concept stage and I see it working quite
nicely :) I just need to know which is the best way of efficiently make a magma
session to answer all the possible attributes of all the magma collection
indexes in a repository. This is needed to configure the proxies so they can
detect key changes and notify the session to note that.

	A trivial solution is to use a private entry in the root dictionary
where a Set could store the symbols. Anyone interested on this feature see any
problem with that?

	Any better suggestion?

	cheers,

Sebastian Sastre
PD: an ideal solution will be to ask somehow to the server to answer all the
instances of MagmaCollection (no matter where they are in the odb graph) and
cache in the session a set of indexed attributes (also monitoring for new
created/deleted indexes offcourse).