is it safe to quit Squeak with an open session

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:10:40 UTC 2008

> So if I understand, it is pretty safe for the server?

The existing functionality should be safe for you, but you should test
it with your application.  Actually, if you're going to do that you
could probably more easily implement the generic test case method on
MagmaTestCase.

There is no test case for it but there should be.  I'll try to squeeze
it into r41, or if you crank out a test method for it (i.e., implement
#testSessionReclaimation on MagmaTestCase), it would be a great
addition to r41.  Until a "real" security framework is integrated "to
the core" into Magma, it is prudent to at least close any wide-open
doors to server-oblivion, if we find any.

> the SqueakPlugin
> configuration is only used to review (load) object from the database,
> not commit.

I really need to do a "read-only" session, which can read faster but
not commit.  I think its possible.  Another thing to add to my list..

Regards,
  Chris