Question: How to rebuild indexes?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Apr 17 11:28:28 UTC 2009

Hi!

Göran Krampe wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just wanted to get the "truth" from Chris on this. I would like to
> rebuild selected indexes from scratch, saw some code but... well, is
> there an official API for this?

I did this last night btw, the easiest solution was to create a new
MagmaCollection with indexes on it, iterate over the old one and adding
each object to the new one. That worked for me, but generally I think
the current available behaviors for managing indexes is a bit lacking.

I added #removeAllIndexes, that was trivial, but a #rebuildIndexNamed:
would be nice to have.

regards, Göran

PS. I have experienced indexes not being updated properly - probably due
to... something I have done. Not sure. But after a rebuild all was fine.