Starting with magma

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Sat Feb 7 19:21:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm starting to cheking magma, for a "little large" project I will
start.

I created to images for testing. srvMagma, and clientMagma (both, with
magma 1.41 from universes).

I tried to follow the tutorial for learn how to connect, etc.. (but
probably I will use with Aida) on persistent section of : http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial

The first issue, was with srvMagma. Once I did (with a correct path on
my machine):
MagmaServerConsole new
  open: 'C:\MagmaDBs\SeasideTutorial';
  processOn: 51001;
  inspect.

The image was slow, and any inspect window appears. I interrupted and
inspect "MagmaServerConsole allInstances", and inspect again the
instance created.

Then, changin to clientMagma, I created the class of the tutorial, and
once I try to connect, I get a DNU MagmaSession class>>hostAddress:port:

Because I have to do other things now, I close 2 images, and on
srvImage, when try to save and close, I get a DNU
MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>terminate

Both logs are attached.

What I'm doing wrong? There are some tutorial/documentation updated?