failure becomes success

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Mar 28 15:57:01 UTC 2009

I reran the tests with the 3.10 VM distributed with Debian Lenny.  They
pass, though it took  3 hrs and 22 minutes.  This was on the machine
with the previously failing test.  So the test now passes on both
systems where I've tried it, using 3.10VM and 3.9 image with fixes.

So, either the VM change made the difference, or the failure is erratic,
or the load on the system was different.  I prefer the first
explanation :)

Should it take so long?

Is there an easy way to skip the HA tests?  Really all I need is the
client and server in one image scenario.

A few other small points: for all versions I took from SM, I got a
message saying roughly "This has not been published.  Do you want to
accept it?".  Also, when the magma test images start there are messages
like "all methods are recompiling."   Finally, the transcript on the
magmaTestConductor image is not big enough to hold the entire
transcript.

So now I can move on to using magma!
Thanks.
Ross