magma 42beta3 and Cassou dev images don't work together

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Mar 28 19:48:25 UTC 2009

I've tried running the magma v42beta3 tester against
sq3.10.2-7179dev09.03.1.zip
sq3.9.1-7075dev09.03.1.zip
I also pulled in OSProcess and, for 3.9 only, the Ma3.9FixUp from Squeak
Map.

The tests run OK starting from a 3.9 image from squeak.org.

For both dev images TestSuite>>tests uses a Set, which leads to a
failure as the tests are starting.  I changed this back to return an
OrderedCollection.  The change to use set is dated 2006.

After awhile, however, the tests fail for other reasons in both images.
I didn't take down the exact failure (though I think I've reported at
least one of them earlier to the magma list); I was just checking if
they worked.

It would be nice if these worked together.

Tests use squeak-vm 3.10.3+svn1902.dfsg-1 on a Debian GNU/Linux system
with the latest release, lenny.  It was running 64 bit (amd64
architecture); the chips are multi-core Xeon's.

Ross