Fwd: Undirect index update

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Tue May 19 07:16:43 UTC 2009

Le lundi 18 mai 2009 à 10:35 -0500, Chris Muller a écrit :

> > I thought this message should be used with the object from
> > the Magma collection using the lexical terms as an index.
>
> yes, it should be used with the whole object that is a member in the
> MagmaCollection.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any easy way other
> than you must find a way to #noteOldKeysFor:
> the-object-which-is-*indexed-by*-the-lexical term.

Ok, I prefer to double check.

> > These lexical terms design a classification, existing
> > independently
>
> I hope there are at least one thousand different classification
> members for the index, otherwise you may end up with a lot of
> hash-collisions in the Magma index, reducing performance..

Oh, not one thousand members for an index, but from a few unit to
several tenths.
Hum, why should I have hash-collisions if my indexes produce unique
indexing values?

I was believing index value is used as a sort of key to a dictionary
whose values are the indexed objects (classification members)

Best,

Hilaire