[ANN] Magma release 43
asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:44:56 UTC 2009
I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Magma 1.0
release "43" for both Squeak and Pharo. This is mostly a maintenance
release without any major new functionality. Here are the specific
- Changed printing of MagmaLocations (now prefixed with 'magma@').
- Fixed problem with trying to perform admin functions with a
- ReadStrategy implementation fix.
- Changed default minimumDepth of readStrategy to 3, which will bring
in larger chunks at a time, improving overall system throughput when
using the default ReadStrategy.
- Guard against negative keys for a MagmaCollection and negative
indices into a MagmaArray.
- Fix to allow MagmaArray's pageSize to be updated permanently via a commit.
- Account for renamed classes better.
- Removed some old obsolete classes.
- Fix for using a set of locally-connected repositories in a federation.
- Now registering the read-set with WeakArray.
- No longer allowing creation of MagmaForwardingProxy's for primitive types.
- Removed 11 to 12 upgrade code.
- Minor test case improvements.
- Reduced #unreasonablePhysicalSize to 800MB.
- Disable compression by default for all client/server operations.
- Added utility method to #writeStatisticsToFile.
- When a session or server encounters no activity for a long time,
instead of archiving empty stat-history's every five minutes, now just
update the endTime of the last (empty) record, allowing the prior
history to be retained instead of scrolled off.
- A new ensure: block deep in core materialization code should
alleviate the cases where an interrupted materialization (due to Magma
slowness / user impatience) and immediate close of the debugger
(without stepping over the Magma call, allowing it to complete) could
result in the domain in an "interim-materialized" state (with
potentially Integers where objects should be), because Magma was not
allowed to complete the materialization.
- Fixed hard-reference to Project class, for better Pharo compatibility.
- Cleaned up #cleanUp method.
Note for Pharo users:
- The latest version of Pharo has apparently renamed EventSensor to
EventInputSensor, causing Monticello to issue Warning during the
install. Just Proceed past the Warning and everything will be fine.
- Due to recent changes in Pharo's CompiledMethod structure, if you
wish to run the Magma test-suite (or the serialization tests), please
remove the method: MaFixtureFactory>>#compiledMethodSamples.
CompiledMethods are not really supported by Magma even on Squeak
anyway, but I want to think more before removing it permanently.
More information about the Magma