Metacello ConfigurationOfMagma

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 19:29:13 UTC 2010

On 13 Jan 2010, at 19:14, Chris Muller wrote:

> Hi Keith, did you not also read:
>
>>> "I, unfortunately, have not had time
>>> to look into Metacello".
>
> So I didn't get to Sake and I didn't get to Metacello.  I'm sure you
> realize the challenge faced by Sake to achieve mainstream community
> adoption; that the nature of a packaging system would require it to be
> "mainstream" before many would have the cahaughneys to adopt it.  A
> chicken and egg problem; I can certainly understand your frustration
> with that, it's the same problem Magma has faced its entire life.
>
> Personally, my own lack of adoption of either tool has had nothing to
> do with "attitude".  It's more to do with a combination of time, other
> demands, legacy systems, alternative solutions, and inertia.  I've
> always had a favorable attitude toward your contributions.  I hope you
> will reconsider your own attitude and rejoin the community.

Unfortunately there is no longer a community to rejoin.

We have been taken over by a couple of premadonnas, nothing is being
planned, there is no framework for decision making, testing, looking
at the requirements of the community members, evaluating proposals, or
encouraging and facilitating initiatives that would benefit users.

regards
mag
Keith