materializing a MaCommitLogRecord

Dave Woodward davewoodward at promedmedical.net
Fri Jun 11 18:12:15 UTC 2010

I'm wondering if it is possible to directly materialize the objects in a
MaCommitLogRecord instance.

It seems that the commit log records are used exclusively for
"advancing" the repository.  However I'm wondering if I can use the
commit log as a sort of poor-man's audit log and if I'd be able to
manually extract objects from specific commit log records.  Right now
when I try to materialize a record in Pharo 1.0, I get an error because
the serializer tries to call basicNew: on the MagmaLocalLocation class.

I'm not sure if this is even a good path to take, so fell free to tell
me I'm crazy or that I shouldn't go there :)

I'm also wondering if the commits could be "rolled back" so as to be
able to rewind the database back to a specific commit?  I see how one
can restore up to a certain point in time, but I'm just wondering if
there is any more specific way to "un-apply" the commit records.

--
Dave Woodward