[ANN] Magma 1.2 alpha1

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:35:00 UTC 2010

I have posted a new configuration of the latest Magma version.  It is
in the "MagmaTester" project of squeaksource, under 1.2alpha1.

If you are doing Magma development, please use this version as there
have been many performance improvements over the current "stable"
version.

For Pharo users, please load the attached WeakOrderedCollection, which
Magma needs.  This has been integrated into the Squeak trunk and I
hope Pharo will do the same (just 3 new methods).  I have been too
busy to test Magma on the latest Pharo so let me know if the test
suite doesn't pass.

I'd like to reiterate that I support for Magma on this list.  There
have been cases of folks using Magma incorrectly and then drawing
questionable conclusions before ever asking on this list.