[ANN] New installation procedures for Magma

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 22:30:36 UTC 2011

>> Good-bye, MagmaTester
>> -----------------------------
>> "MagmaTester" has nothing to do with the the Magma test cases; it was
>> just a sort of "Inbox" where Magma contributors could place their
>> submissions.  But there hasn't been a lot of activity from others in
>> that project so, unless there is objection, I intend to delete the
>> project.
>>

> So, where you will store experimental code then? In main repository?

Well, that's a good question.  If there is still interest in having a
place for experimental code, I am in full support of that.

Just thinking aloud...  I can still maintain control over the
"official" load-scripts (e.g., in SqueakMap).  These scripts
ultimately point to a specific set of package versions of my choosing,
that may or may not include experimental code that I've merged.

OTOH, the "Inbox" pattern of contribution seems to be a successful
pattern of development happening in Squeak.  I see no reason not to
keep that for the Magma project as well..