Pharo support for magma repositories

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun May 1 19:23:34 UTC 2011

Hi, Markus.

I'm sorry, maybe i'm out of sync, but may i ask why you created a
separate repository for it?
I think it would be better to commit to magma repository (of course
you need to ask for access).
But keeping everything in single place is better.

I think that changes are not too big for making a copy of  all
packages in separate repository.
If i remember correctly , Chris already had Magma-Pharo, and
Magma-Squeak specific installations,
which used to contain a fork-specific stuff.
If not, i think it worth to create them, in order to keep a shared
codebase in single place,
and only what is different in separate packages.

On 1 May 2011 16:56, Markus Fritsche <fritsche.markus at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I registered a project at squeaksource:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/MagmaPharoSupport.html
>
> In my pharo image ;-) (I will check loading in a clean pharo image in
> a bit) this enables using (local, server not yet tested) magma
> repositories with the Pharo version of Monticello. It also alters the
> cleanup-method of MagmaSession to be working with Pharo (PointerFinder
> vs. ProtoObject>>#pointersTo).
>
> If anyone wants to join the project, you're welcome.
>
> Pharo version:
> Pharo1.3a
> Latest update: #13177
>
> Magma: