very deep copy of MagmaCollection

Milan Mimica milan.mimica at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:47:56 UTC 2012

Hello!

Aiming to complete transparency, it would be really nice if one could send
#veryDeepCopy to an instance of MagmaCollection (or some object containing
it) and get a fresh new MagmaCollection with all the elements deeply copied
to it. By default it won't work because 'session' instance variable must
not be deeply copied.
As far I understand, one should override #veryDeepInner: and maybe
#veryDeepFixupWith: to shallow-copy 'sessoin', and deep-copy everything
else, and probably do something more to clear references to the collection
begin copied.

I did try to do it, but the semantics of Pharo deep-copy are just too
confusing for me. I keep getting "unknown OID" error from magma server.

I must be doing something wrong.
Any advices, or code? :)

--
Milan Mimica