Some random magma questions

Tim Käck timkack at icloud.com
Thu Sep 8 19:22:35 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have a few questions:
I get seems to get this when trying to persist

"Serialization sizeWarningThreshold reached.  Proceed to double it.”

I see that this is defined in MaSerializedGraphBuffer to around 100Mb.
What is advised here, smaller commit to keep the size down or is it ok to allow large (byte size wise) collections to be serialized?

I also run into that I cannot serialize graphs > 4M objects - is there a way of inspecting the graph?

Lastly, in http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2985 - what is meant with an "uncached #root” and how can one avoid it? I.e. I should have the application in a transaction all the time.
Would it be enough to just assign the root to a instance variable in my business logic objects?

Best regards,
Tim