Pharo Port

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu May 4 03:19:18 UTC 2017

>> These should be the easiest tests to get working in Pharo, as they
>> merely test ability to read/write numbers into some of Magma's binary
>> records:
>>
>>     MaHashIndexRecordTester suite debug.
>>     MaHashIndexTester suite debug.
>
> Theses acutually take hours ... or to be more precise 10+h in a Squeak
> Image. I interrupted the Pharo test after a day. Not sure where the speed
> difference comes from though. Is this normal - I mean the tests taking that
> long?

Yeah, these HashIndexes are the disk-representation structures of
MagmaCollections, those tests are testing and "documenting" the widest
breadth of possible parameters that one could want to use.  The idea
was for the user to test the ones they needed by updating
#keyAndRecordSizesToTest.

But, now in 2017 we know it works, so it's overkill and expecting the
user to reduce the arrays is also unreasonable in 2017.
Quick-feedback from TestRunner became the normal expectation since
then.

If it already ran 10 hours without presenting a debugger then it's
safe to assume it's working.

Best,
  Chris