concept names (was: partitioning strategy)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Apr 6 17:05:50 UTC 2005

Alexandre Bergel wrote on Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:42:13 +0200
> What are the difference between what you're doing and Spoon?

My system is much more static than Spoon - more like ImageSegments. It
might be interesting to contrast in more detail a system like this,
Spoon (which is like two machines with partial connectivity syncing up)
and TeaTime (which is like a set of tightly coupled machines permanently
in sync).

> Also, I think that for the sake of a good marketing, giving another name than
> "module" for what you're doing would be a good move. Your notion of module
> is far from what people have usually in mind...

I normally use the term "object groups" but in the context of this list
it seemed that "modules" might make more sense.

-- Jecel