full isolation

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Mar 4 07:14:26 UTC 2005

Hi all--

	If you've got both small core object memories and remote
message-sending, why not just put things that need to be isolated in
separate object memories? Besides being sufficient (?) and simpler than
trying to cram everything into a single object memory, you get
distribution across multiple machines "for free".

	I have to admit that, so far, I'm not a fan of "isolation" within a
single object memory, or using image segments for anything not "below
the line" in virtual-machine-land. Jecel's virtual memory suggestion
seems fine, but throwing image segments around seems like an
overcomplication to me. Why not keep it all live objects sending messages?

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist